I think I’m in a good place with the costume right now. Tonight I have to create the applique looking pieces for the bodice and collar and I can always attach those and the crystals Thursday night. The hem still needs to be done, I have to hand sew the backing on the collar and put a closure on and attach the bodice to the underdress (I think it will be eaiser if I figure out how to hem the thing before doing that though). All in all, I’m as happy as can be with where I’m at.
You can see the unfinished collar and bodice with the gold trims in the photograph.
One of my big concerns now is the fit. It was a lot easier to tweak the fit on the underdress. The leather became a lot harder after I added the inital gold trims. I worry that it’s going to look funny. If that happens, it’ll be fixed later because currently I’m in ‘finish now!’ mode. Hopefully it looks okay when I have it on. 😛
Going to cut out my bdu pants tonight and hopefully my shipment will be here so I can make and dye my blonde hair stripes for the other Vala costumes I’ll be sporting over the weekend. I also need to replace the waist band on the black bdu coat I made – the new band should be here today too.
Lots to do and I’m looking forward to getting a good long night’s sleep sometime next week. Ah the small joys in life. 🙂